Don’t fear yourself

20130517-232650.jpg

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of [all that is good.] Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of [the light] that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson

12 Comments Add yours

1. romelantoine says:

There’s such perfection in this quote. I love it.

1. Love this!

(and thank you for correctly attributing the amazing quote to Marianne Williamson, as so many folks give Nelson Mandela the credit)

1. romelantoine says:

One of my favorite teachers closed our practice with it last night and I couldn’t get over how beautiful it was, how beautiful it made me feel.

1. It always makes me feel stronger than I ever think I can be…

2. Reblogged this on Daphsam Photography and commented:
    Very important lesson. Thank you!

1. romelantoine says:

It’s something I need to remind myself of every day. It’s ok to be your biggest self, that’s what the world deserves. ❤

1. romelantoine says:

Thanks so much for reading. I need a constant reminder to embrace my awesomeness.

3. thesofasurfa says:

Brilliant! Really empowering. Thanks for sharing.

4. Thanks for the follow.