It’s time to publish my list of things I want to do by the time I turn 30. I’ve held this thing close to my chest for the last few years – really since I’ve come to California in 2009 and slowly but surely have gotten some of them done but I never let anyone hold me accountable. I have about a year and a half left before this milestone but it’s a lesson in vulnerability…here goes.
Cook more actual meals, real ingredients…no microwaves. Take friendships more seriously make time to see people, actually talk on the phone – screw texts, make time for people that matter, show people you care
- Go camping in a tent, make a fire, cook outside, learn how to survive outside
- Defy gravity jump out of something, or from something high…anything, just see what it’s like to be up high and not in a plane…unless I’m jumping [crap!]
- Experiment more stop living in the controlled box, step outside and see what it’s like, if I’m not scared growth becomes hard
Get certified to teach something yoga, spin, etc.
- Stand up for my beliefs I matter too much to not fight for what I believe in
- Eat at least 5 things I’ve never eaten before
Learn how to change a tire
- Buy a car that’s not on its last legs
- Take care of a living thing keep it alive
- Do a physical challenge run a 5k, compete in a tough mudder, it doesn’t matter
- Travel somewhere to see a friend don’t just tack it on to a work trip – show them that they’re a priority
- Fall in love again
Quit the job that no longer values you
- Pay for someone else’s drink/meal without them knowing it
- Go on a spontaneous road trip
- Go to a major festival coachella, bonaroo, lollapalooza, burning man, etc.
- Have the hard conversations every time.
- Date the wrong people figure out what matters
- Do something that’s actually terrifying to you
- Go to a party where I don’t know anyone
Spend all night talking to someone I just met
- Write someone a letter with paper and pen
- Write more in general
- Climb something high
- Set up a home stop running
- Declutter just let those things go. those people aren’t coming back, it’s okay, cry, be angry, feel it. then throw it away.
- Travel to a city alone without knowing anyone
I’m ready, let’s do the things together that we can. Encourage me to do the things I need to do alone. What’s your list?